Friday, May 22, 2015

"H.A.G.S. Hope we hang out over break!"


stay in touch;)
          HOW TO STAY IN TOUCH OVER SUMMER BREAK... IF YOU WANT TO.
It used to be that I would make empty promises to people I didn't really want to be friends with, that we would hang out over summer and we could go swimming in my pool or go to that new scary movie coming out in July. Of course these plans never really happened and I would not see this person till next September. The truth was that the people I made promises to with my fingers crossed behind my back, were probably great people. So, it was not that I didn't want to be friends with these people but I didn't want to take the time to make these friends. I would picture us hanging out and just see a lot of awkward silence (AWKWARD). So, I realized that I really missed out on all these potential friends. Now, I try my best to keep in contact with all people that I WANT to hang out with. My mom says it is always good to have a lot of friends, so that no matter where you are, there is someone you can run to. PERSONALLY, I do not agree with this. You should not rely on anyone for your happiness. If you are alone in a room filled with best friends, then OWN IT. Go up to people, say hi, be kind, and most importantly be yourself. Never change yourself for a friend. You should not meet someone and agree with them on everything just so they like you. Trust me. I feel like I'm getting a bit off topic. So, this is how to stay in touch.
  • Exchange numbers. Never feel weird asking for someone's number. THIS IS SO HARD. But, just work on it. If they take it as you want to have kids with them or you are secretly obsessed with them, then that is their problem and they will be very disappointed when they get a text asking about the Calculus homework.
  • Arrange things. Have fun events like Freaky Friday with scary movies and popcorn. Or Spaghetti Sundays where you get together and eat spaghetti and play board games. The cheesier, the better.
  • Write letters. It is the best thing to get a letter in the mail. So, why not write to people. This sounds crazy and your friends might be like wth but trust me, they will secretly love it.
  • Use social media. Social media might be used for hating, gossips, bragging or whatever but it's purpose is to help people keep in touch. My mom still talks to people she taught in first grade, who now have families and jobs.
  • Always wish people a Happy Birthday. This sounds stupid but it's true! No matter how little you know a person, it's and important thing to do. It lets people know you care. I say happy birthday to everyone.
So, I hope this helps with keeping ties. Bonds are important! So speak, love, and act with no fear!
                                                                                                                                     -M






No comments:

Post a Comment